Centers & Institutes
The College of Social Sciences and Public Policy hosts a number of centers and institutes that continually contribute to their respective academic communities and enrich the opportunities of our students.
- Center for Demography and Population Health
- The Center for Demography and Population Health coordinates population research and training throughout the university by bringing together faculty and students from various academic departments and programs. The Center offers graduate-level training in population studies, including a program leading to a Master of Science degree in Demography, and also facilitates an undergraduate program leading to a Minor in Population Studies.
- Center for Disaster Risk Policy
- The Center for Disaster Risk Policy is a public service organization that provides government organizations technical assistance and program and information system development related to emergency management. The Center’s mission is to identify, develop, and promote best practices in emergency and public management.
- Claude Pepper Center
- The Claude Pepper Center promotes research and advocates public policy reform on issues related to senior citizens in the U.S., particularly in the areas of health care policy and economic security. The Center offers empirical data and outreach to the public in need of information and assistance on the most important public policy issues and actions of the 21st century.
- DeVoe L. Moore Center for the Study of Critical Issues in Economic Policy and Government
- The DeVoe L. Moore Center is dedicated to increasing knowledge and public understanding about the role of government in a market economy. The Center brings the insights of economics, political science, and public administration to the study of state and local regulations, studying the effect of government rules, regulations, and programs on individuals and the economy.
- William H. Kerr Intercultural Education and Dialogue Initiative
- The Intercultural Education and Dialogue Initiative is dedicated to the expansion of educational opportunities for underprivileged youth around the world and to the creation of a vibrant international dialogue at Florida State University. The Initiative advances international and interfaith understanding and promotes the peaceful resolution of conflicts.
- LeRoy Collins Institute
- The LeRoy Collins Institute is an independent, nonpartisan statewide policy organization that studies and promotes creative solutions to major private and public issues facing the people of Florida and the nation. The Institute directs its work to issues near the top of the public agenda, working in the fields of civic education, constitutional revision, hurricane protection, criminal justice and urban planning.
- Pepper Institute on Aging and Public Policy
- The Pepper Institute on Aging and Public Policy serves as coordinator and facilitator for the multidisciplinary work in aging studies at Florida State University, supporting individual or collaborative research projects as well as graduate training and other campus-wide educational initiatives. The Institute also sponsors the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, which encourages elders to return to campus to continue to learn, while participating in university research projects and intergenerational education..
- Stavros Center for Economic Education
- The Stavros Center, part of the Department of Economics at the College of Social Sciences and Pub lic Policy, promotes economics education in public schools through workshops and seminars, product development, and teacher training. The Center also focuses on research to enhance the understanding of institutions and policies supporting the free enterprise system..
- Survey Research Laboratory
- The Survey Research Laboratory is a unit within the College of Social Sciences and Public Policy organized to provide services to university researchers, public agencies, and private organizations. Services include questionnaire design, sample design, data collection, data entry and coding, and data analysis.