I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Geography at Florida State University. My research and teaching interests are in geographic information systems and science, sustainability, transportation, and urban-regional analysis. My current research is in the following interrelated areas:
- Modeling urban commuting and land use phenomena
- Sustainability and energy issues
- Understanding scale and representation impacts in geographic information science
- Measuring accessibility to goods, health services, and opportunities
- Optimization and network analysis in GIS
- Space-time modeling and mobile object tracking
Students interested in learning more about graduate studies and research opportunities may view this link.